Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Own it


Yesterday, I read Elise's post on Owning It. If you haven't read it, go do it now! There was something in her post that struck a cord in me. Encouragement was the first word that came to mind. I began to brainstorm things in my life that I needed to own. None of us are perfect, but there is always room for improvement.

If Elise wasn't so far away, I'd be meeting her for a cup of coffee all the time. She's someone I admire. I love her heart and her ability to share it so freely. 

Below is my list of things I'm "owning"- some serious and some silly. Believe me there are many more that should be added too :)

I'm owning...
+With my parents divorce I take marriage and having a family so much more serious than I did when I was younger. 

+In fact, I pray every day that I marry someone who is 100% "my person" because divorce scares the crap out of me & is something I never want my kids to go through 

+Being a stay at home momma with kids running around the house is something I've always dreamed of. Sitting in an office having demands thrown at me is not my type of career

+I'm missing the south like crazy, especially North Carolina

+I'm struggling with being a single lady + God's timing in that area

+Going to the gym for me is not relaxing, rather stressful

+Confrontation is not my thing. Never will be. 

+I still watch the Bachelor/ette, even if it's drama filled, my reality show guilty pleasure. Shout out to Chris...if he's the next Bachelor, sign me up!!

+I don't pray nearly as much as I should or need

+I need to learn to not be so stubborn or cold hearted in certain situations. Need to be more forgiving 

+The "Nick + Jessica" era was my favorite of celeb couples...still can't part with throwing out my Newlywed DVDs

+I have a hard time giving my heart so freely for fear of being too vulnerable

+I love a clean room, but more than likely there will be clothes thrown on the floor

+I could have girl time all the time and never get sick of my friends

+In fact, there's always time for girlfriends

+I will never be a size 2 regardless because my body isn't made that way

+Blogging will always be a stress reliever and more fun than doing homework (aka right now)

Being empowered by other women is one of the best things we can do as a community. Thank you Elise for encouraging me to share my heart!!

4 comments :

  1. Girl, we are so alike in so many ways. I'm NEVER throwing out my Newlywed set either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! You have to love someone who understands wht "my person" is all about. Speaking of that do you miss Cristina yet? ;) Before I moved to Kansas I lived in NC for 20 years and miss it terribly so I totally get where you are coming from here. And I applaud you for embracing not being a size 2. I am 6'1" and when I finally accepted that I will never be a size 2 it was liberating. Now I focus on healthy and fit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh girl! I heart you so big!!!! Move back to NC?! Specifically over here beach style?!?!!
    Your heart and words encourage, push, uplift, and inspire me more than you know!
    Thank you for the love and the inspiration and for being you boldly!!!!! LOVE!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you on the girl time and the divorce stuff! Which makes dating pretty intense sometimes! love this idea for a post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from every single one of you! xoxo

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016